Saturday, August 27, 2016

Voice work with Mr. Tockar, Day 1

Half way done and I have homework!  He wants us to be off-book for at least one of the "sides" (scripts) tomorrow!  So not only do I need to come up with two different characters for each read, I need to memorize them as well!  I haven't done THAT in a few years!

Maybe, if I pretend that it is electrical code.......

As for the other parts of Day 1.....

Everyone thought my Chicken was funny.  Lee said that no-one he has heard in the last couple of years "billboarded" the parts of dialogue I did.

He also requested I do my "Christopher Lloyd" voice for one of them.  We were asked to do accents as well, to pick ones that would challange us.

SO, I'm also thinking we will be asked the same for tomorrow as well!

He teaches from what he knows works, and does a fine job of it.  I will have to have a serious look at the sailing timetable and work timetable if I want to actually do this right.  I don't think I will ever be a Mel Blanc, but if I could even do it for a bit that would be awesome!  :-D

I think I want to try to do a couple low-register characters tomorrow.  Today's (except for one) were all higher.  I may halve to do some drill commands on the way there.  We will see if that still drops my voice an octave or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment