Monday, August 22, 2016

Mourning


At about the same time I was wrapping up my writing last night, my grandfather joined the ranks of those who have gone before.  He was surrounded by family telling him how much he was loved.

The celebration of life is being planned for the end of September.  It may seem odd, but a couple of my cousins are having weddings, this weekend and then in another couple weeks.  Grandpa wouldn't want to impinge on their joyful events so we will have it after.

Even though he had a long and full life, it is sad to see him go.  He was the last of that generation in our immediate family.  That time period is now something for us to read about, no longer in living memory.

I'm not sure if I will be able to work very well today.  We will see.  If I can't, I'll have to take a sick day.

No comments:

Post a Comment