Monday, August 29, 2016

Lee's answer....

Our instructor has replied to my query with a rather emphatic "yes!".  Of course, it is in my court as to what I want to do, but he feels I could do voice for animation/commercial things.

I will have to go over my notes on putting together a demo again.

I will also contact the local voice places to see if I can get a job or two, raise funds for getting back on Voices.com

Wouldn't that be a hoot.  Go from maintenance electrician to cartoon voice guy!

Why not?  It's not like I have to loose my skills or qualifications in order to try it out.  I just have to fit it in somewhere.

I had thought that the next learning curve was going to be sailing.  That will still be in there, but if I can actually do the voice thing, I should have more time to do the sailing thing.

So, the challenge is to get going on the voice acting while maintaining the electrical work.  Build up the the voice work enough to (maybe) stop the electrical work?  Really?  Could that work?

I guess it could, we will have to see what I can put together and push ahead.

School will be starting next week, our daughter is very excited to see all her friends again.  I suppose this unofficially ends summer.  :-(  No boat on the water this year, between the vehicles dying and everything else.  I will keep practicing in my head though, it seems to help with other skills so why not sailing?

No comments:

Post a Comment