Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Clearing out "stuff"

I tried to put together my mic and recording equipment yesterday.

Mic - check!
Mic power supply - check!
Cables - check!
Computer - check!
M-audio interface - ...............

SO, search the last known location, no luck.
Search most boxes in the garage, no luck.
Search crooks and crannies through the house......

No luck.

Stop searching and settle down, think more than look.  If I can find in in my head, I should be able to find it.

BUT, most boxes in the garage were shuffled all over as we helped my eldest sort out her stuff.

So everything in there has moved.

And now I've moved them around as well.  Which really didn't matter since I didn't know what was moved where anyhow.

It is just that when I start to get a little stressed I may not see what I'm looking for even if it is right in front of me.  Yes, my desk and work area looks quite the mess, but I know where everything is.  If anyone "helpfully" stacks all my papers and puts everything in nice neat order I'm lost!  Of course, it looks much better, but I have to sort through it all several times before I know where everything went.

So I have asked everyone else in the household if they remember seeing the missing box and now have a possible lead.  I'll try to find it again today after work.

Talk about killing momentum!  Ugh!

I'm still trying to get things moving.  With the passing of Grandpa and other things it gets hard.  I'll have to find out when the service is going to be so I can book the time off work.

No comments:

Post a Comment