Friday, September 2, 2016

Tough Fall.

I chatted with my old friend last night.  It meant that I didn't get a whole lot of sleep, but that is OK.  His mom passed away yesterday.  He made it back out to Brooks in time and got to visit for a couple days, which was great.  But it certainly doesn't make it any easier.

I remember when I would go over to visit, how she had no problem having us help out with whatever chores needed doing.  Time in their pool.  Trips out on the lake.  She had a overall positive view on things, and it always looked to me that she was very pragmatic.

It made this mornings workout hard though.  I couldn't push to keep my heart rate over 135 for my cardio, and I didn't have the push to do the leg work after.

It just seems that there are all these flags, reminding me that we are indeed mortal.  That the time we have here is a finite resource and along with deciding what we want to do we need to be looking at who we want to be.  I don't think anyone sets out to be "Famous Guy, the A**hole" but it happens.

Meh, tired.  I need to head out and do some more door inspections/repairs.  It is sad that something as simple as a door can be made so complex just so we don't have to push it open and closed....

No comments:

Post a Comment