Saturday, July 30, 2016

Baby steps....

So, where to start?  I could start with more research, though that feels more like a stall tactic.  What is it I really need?

1. Decide to set out.

2. Set up some means of supporting the project/myself.

3. List needed goods/equipment/training

4. Schedule classes/get equipment.

5. Move ahead.

There, a start at a list.  #1 will be tricky for me.  Often I will "decide" to do something and then set myself up so I can back-out for whatever reason I would like.  Truly, this is how it works but there are things that can be done to make it more difficult.  Blogging about it to the world could help, if anyone actually was following the tale.  Announcing to friends and family what your plans are could help also.  Really, both are attempts to make me accountable to someone else for the decision I have made.

An attempt to embarrass oneself into motion.

Well, whatever works.  Or doesn't.  I'll let you know.

For number 2, it would be nice to have a house that we owned and could rent out for revenue.  Not really likely since we will need the $$$ from the house to buy the boat.  One option is to find a job that I can do from anywhere.  I'm going to take a weekend class on voice acting to see if that is even a possible direction.  My wife can write, so she should be set.  Our daughter doesn't like the idea of leaving the city of her birth and all her friends.  I can understand that, and she will need to be home-schooled during this adventure.

For goods/equipment/training, I'm looking at the voice-over class as well as the various sailing training classes available.  There are also blogs and websites of others who are doing this already who are willing to help with the nitty-gritty lists.

This is a start, and it no doubt will change as time goes by.

.....baby steps to the elevator.......

No comments:

Post a Comment