Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Long break......

Well, that has been a long break in posting anything here.  Life seems to grab you at times and send you off in other directions!  :-P

So, not much happening on the sailing front right now.  I didn't get us into the October classes, so I will have to aim at the ones in the spring.  Garage clean-out has progressed somewhat, I have a stack for metals recycling.  An old acquaintance might be able to make use of the old laptops (he suppies movies sometimes with old hardware) so that would be good.

Still hit-and-miss with the workouts three times a week, so building back up in that area.  Keeping up at work, went to the union AGM as a rep. which was fascinating!  To see an actual representative democracy at work was really informative.  I understand now why unions are so regulated and controlled, more than militia or other groups like that.

I think I've just had my head down and been plugging ahead for the last couple months.  Taking things a week at a time.  I hope to have more umpf and have the energy to look ahead farther soon, but for now the week will have to do.

Of course, the election south of the border has been in front of everybody for so long, and now that it is over there seems to be a lot of uncertainty about what is next.  I'm glad that most are hoping for the best, but if the list of appointments and other actions are any indication the new president is going to follow his pre-election attitude right into office.  It shouldn't come as a surprise, really.  There are times when it looks like it might be better to be off on a boat at some insignificant port......

No comments:

Post a Comment